Myanmar earthquake toll crosses 3,000
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Highlights
Associated Press News |
The death toll from the massive earthquake that hit Myanmar nearly a week ago rose Thursday to 3,085 as more bodies were found by search and rescue teams, the military-led government said.
The Financial Times |
The earthquake, the world’s most powerful since the ruinous tremors that hit Turkey and Syria in 2023, was felt as far away as Bangkok and elsewhere in Thailand, where at least 21 people died.
BBC |
Myanmar has observed one minute of silence to mourn those who died from last week's magnitude 7.7 earthquake that killed more than 2,700 people in the country.
Read more on News Digest
Extreme heat and heavy rain in Myanmar could cause disease outbreaks among earthquake survivors camping in the open, global aid bodies warned on Thursday, complicating rescue efforts made difficult by a civil war,
Myanmar’s second largest city, Mandalay was the epicenter of the 7.7 magnitude earthquake which struck last Friday and brought down thousands of buildings.
A 63-year-old woman was pulled alive from under the rubble Tuesday about 91 hours after Myanmar was struck by a devastating, 7.7 magnitude earthquake, the Myanmar Fire Services Department said on social media.
Myanmar's ruling junta should free up movement by international aid workers to help survivors of a devastating earthquake, even in areas controlled by groups battling it, aid and human rights groups said,
TheHyperHive on MSN20h
Over 3,000 People Found Dead After Fatal Myanmar EarthquakeOn March 28, 2025, a powerful 7.7-magnitude earthquake struck Myanmar near Mandalay, causing widespread devastation. The tremors were felt across Southeast Asia, significantly impacting neighboring Thailand.
Explore more